How to Create New Reports
Creating new reports using the Power BI reporting is done by taking an existing report, doing a save as on that report, then adjusting or starting from scratch on the save as report. Here are the steps to building out your own reports.
Steps to creating new Power BI reports:
- Go to the Dashboards tab.
- Go to your Shared Reports folder, then go to the sub-tab of Base Reports
- Click on the base report 'Marketing and Engagement'.
4. Click the Save As button at the top of the page. You will not be able to edit the base report and will need to save as if you want to edit it.
5. Then the pop-up will ask you to confirm if you want to start a new report, and say 'Yes, Save'.
6. Then click out of the report using the X button.
7. You will find this save as a report under your user account-specific reports. This will be the folder under the Shared Reports folder.
8. Click on your Save As report, it will default be named with the appended ' - Copy'.
9. Once you're in the new report, click edit.
10. At the bottom of the page of your new report there will be a yellow + sign, when you click it, that will give you a blank report page to work within.
11. Once you have your blank page, add your desired visualization.
12. Then add your fields/filters to your visualization.
13. Once your report is ready, make sure to Save the report.